We booked Casa Guardia for some relaxing days. First of all The positive stuff: the host and the staff were very nice and the hotel has a pool and sea- entry, but - and it is a very big but! - there were several things, that were just NOT ok (for a price of 190 Dollars/Night - if it was a 60 Dollar/Night BnB all that would have been fine):
- the breakfast was 2 sorts of fruits, toast and jam. That was it. Of course you also had the possibility to order, but you had to be very cautious because: if you wanted one omelette - that was fine, but if you wanted two Omelettes or pancakes - you would be charged (I was even charged double though I only ordered once ...)
- the room was described as ‚Garden view‘ - well if you consider the hallway as the garden that is true. Three walls were heading to the hallway and one was heading to the bathroom - so you could either watch the people passing (and be watched by them in your room) or there was just no daylight.
- the ‚Spa‘ just didn‘t exist. There was one massage chair and that was it. If you advertise with spa there should be, well, something. When we ordered a massage it was postponed twice until in the end it was cancelled.
- the restaurant would have been ok priced, if it was good. We had Spaghetti frutti di Mare - just DO NOT DO that - we had stomachache for hours.
- We were told two put the toilet paper into a bin - which is no problem, if the bin is emptied once a day. Which it wasn't.
I could go on, and on, and on